Photo by JP Bevins, Food Styling by Molly Baz
In Epi's 3-Ingredient Recipes series, we show you how to make great food with just three ingredients (plus staples like oil, salt, and pepper).
Use a wide spatula to peek underneath your galette to make sure the bottom is golden brown all the way across.
- Serves 8
- Active Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 1 sheet prepared boxed pie crust (not in a tin), thawed if frozen
- 3 firm-ripe pears, preferably Anjou or Bartlett (about 1 1/2 pounds), thinly sliced crosswise, seeds cut out with a small round cutter or paring knife
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon caramel sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll pie crust onto a piece of parchment, then roll out to a 13"-diameter circle. Transfer dough on parchment to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss pears, salt, and 1/2 cup caramel sauce in a medium bowl until pears are coated. Arrange pears over crust, leaving a 1 1/2" border, piling them up as you go. Pour any caramel sauce left in bowl over pears.
- Fold crust up and over edges, overlapping as needed. Bake galette until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling, 55–60 minutes. Whisk remaining 1 Tbsp. caramel and 1 Tbsp. hot water in a small bowl and brush over pears with a pastry brush. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting.
- Carbohydrates43 g(14%)
- Fat7 g(11%)
- Protein2 g(3%)
- Saturated Fat3 g(14%)
- Sodium213 mg(9%)
- Polyunsaturated Fat1 g
- Fiber3 g(13%)
- Monounsaturated Fat3 g
- Cholesterol0 mg(0%)